The history of Suitia Manor dates back to the 15th century, and it became a manor in 1420. The manor castle was built in 1540-1545. It was destroyed by Russians by 1730, and new wooden main building was built after that. However, it was destroyed by fire in 1758, and the manor castle was restored by 1761. It was reconstructed in 1898-1899 after the design with romantic image of medieval castles and some Neo-Gothic elements. The surrounding garden dates from the 1540s, and is the oldest known garden in Finland. The manor is owned by Helsinki University at present.