The history of Sjundby Manor is known since 1417. The castle was built in the 1560s. It was severely damaged by fire due to the attack of Cossacks in 1723. The current appearance is from the beginning of the 19th century. It has been the biggest manor house in Finland, and used as a model of artworks by many artists.