Pikkala Manor was founded in around 1560, and was a part of the Suitia Manor until 1814. The present main building was completed in 1850 in a mix of many architectural styles with its roots in French Baroque. Because of the location by the river, it has been important manor around the area. The barn with a tower was built in Art Nouveau. The manor belonged to the USSR during the years 1944-1956.