The history of Kymi Manor is known since the middle of the 14th century. Due to the frontier between Sweden and Russia, it has been an important manor. The main building was destroyed during the war in 1788. Russia bought most of the manor possession in the 1790s in order to build Kyminlinna fortress. The present main building was built in the 1790s. There are also Art Nouveau outbuildings from 1902 belonging to the manor.