Fort Slava, the Fort of Glory was built in 1792-1794 on a small island, and is a part of a chain of fortresses to defend Ruotsinsalmi which is known as Kotka at present. The island called Kukouri was artificially enlarged. The fortress was destroyed by the British during the Crimean War in 1855, but has been partly restored, and can be visited by ferry in summer time.

 
Location : Kotka
Date : 1792
 
 
   
Previous        List of Fortresses        Next     


Home

Photographs and images may not be used without our written permission.
Copyright © Muuka.Com, All Rights Reserved.