The Church of St. Lawrence is believed to be built in the 1480s replacing an earlier wooden church, and was dedicated in 1494. However, according to the new research, it could have been built already circa 1460. The church is oblong in shape. It was destroyed by fire in 1893, and has been restored in 1894. The round window was made during the renovation as a path for rooks to the nest. The new interior of the church was completed in the Neo-Gothic style, and it has a capacity of 500 people. The belfry was built in the 17th century, and the original wooden upper part was replaced with the new brick part in the 1850s. The church is the oldest building around Helsinki area.