Urjala Chuch was built in 1806 in a cruciform shape with west tower.
Initially, the church resembled the architectural style of neoclassicism,
but it was enlarged and reconstructed in 1867-1869 with elements of
neo-gothic style. Moreover, the tower was heightened. The altarpiece was
painted in 1813 and the roof paintings date from 1924. The seating
capacity of 1500 has been later reduced. The 35 meters spire has a lighted
up cross from the mid-1970s. The old sacristy of Urjala is built of stone
and appears to be of the 1520s to 1540s. It remains as a vestige of
earlier churches in place.