Tampereen Tuomiokirkko

Tampere Cathedral, originally called St. John's Church was built in 1902-1907 after a National Romantic design by Lars Sonck. It has seating capacity of 2000, and the interior is decorated with famous works by Hugo Simberg, such as The Garden of Death and The Wounded Angel. The large altarpiece was painted by Magnus Enckell. The each of the six entrances to the building has its own gate in the surrounding stone wall. The church became a Cathedral in 1923, and is a popular place for weddings and conserts.


in Tampere

 




   
Previous        List of Churches        Next     


Home

Photographs and images may not be used without our written permission.
Copyright © Muuka.Com, All Rights Reserved.