Sauvo Church was built in the 1460s and 1470s, but the oldest part dates from the 14th century. It was dedicated to St. Clemence. The mural paintings dates from the end of the 15th century, and the church has one of the best preserved medieval interior in Finland. The pulpit dates from 1651, and the organ dates from 1896. The wooden parts of the belfry date from 1767.