Parainen Church was dedicated to St. Simon, and was built in the beginning of the 14th century. However, a part of the church called as Agricola Chapel has the oldest part dating from the 13th century. The chapel was enlarged in the end of the 17th century to serve as a church for Finnish speaking people, and is used as a church museum at present. The mural paintings of the main church dates from 1486, and the altar complex dates from 1666. The original pulpit was donated in 1656, and it has been transferred to the National Museum. The present pulpit is a replica of the original, and was donated by Amos Anderson.