Pyhan Henrikin kirkko (Pyhtaan kirkko)

The Church of St. Henry was built in around 1460 to replace an earlier wooden church from the 1350s. The interior is decorated by plentiful mural paintings. The church was severely damaged by fire in around 1670. The wooden upper part of the belfry became decrepit in the end of the 18th century, and it was reconstructed in the 1820s.


in Pyhtaa

 
   




   
Previous        List of Churches        Next     


Home

Photographs and images may not be used without our written permission.
Copyright © Muuka.Com, All Rights Reserved.