Lapinjarvi has two wooden churches locating next to each others, and they replaced earlier churches destroyed by fire in 1742. The main church was built in 1743-1744 in a cruciform shape, and is called as the Swedish Church. It was stuccoed in 1871, and has stained glass by Lennart Segerstrale. The another church from 1744 is called as the Finnish Church, and is square in shape. The present belfry was built in 1827.