Kallio Church was built in 1908-1912. The design by Lars Sonck represents a change from the National Romantic style to Art Nouveau. Jean Sibelius composed a melody for the 7 bells of the church. The altarpiece was painted in 1956. It is the only church in Finland with both Baroque and French Romantic organs. The seating capacity is 1100. Kallio Church is located at the end of the longest straight street in Helsinki.