The neoclassical church of Akaa was built in 1816-1817 and it was designed
by the famous architect Carlo Bassi. The church is cruciform in shape with
a tower. The appearance was modernized and the spire of the tower was
remodeled during the reconstructions in 1888 and 1895. The altar
piece was painted in 1817 and the church has a seating capacity of 750
people. The church is located in the center of the Akaa town, which was
earlier known as Toijala town.