= Museum
= Hotel
= Place for Parties / Meetings
    

Kesaranta

 

 
Location : Helsinki
Kesaranta was completed in 1873 as a summer cottage of the architect F.L. Calonius. It was originally called as Bjalbo, but has been renamed to Kesaranta later. It was purchased by the State in 1904, and has been used as the official residence of the prime minister of Finland for decades. The building was reconstructed in 1981-1983, and was restored to the appearance of the beginning of the 20th century. The tower and veranda which had been demolished in the 1950s were rebuilt during the reconstruction.
 
 
   
Previous        Special Buildings        Next     


Home

Photographs and images may not be used without our written permission.
Copyright © Muuka.Com, All Rights Reserved.